Applying for Funding: online training session
Join this online event for advice on applying for funding for dementia inclusive singing activities.
The Dementia Inclusive Singing Network is delighted to welcome three guest speakers to share their knowledge, advice and experience on the topic of funding.
We know that applying for funding is really competitive right now, and many Network members have told us that this is a concern for you. Our speakers will share their experience including:
- finding the right funding opportunities;
- identifying your funding idea and communicating why it’s worthwhile;
- writing budgets;
- preparing for evaluation and reporting;
- what a funding panel look for in a good application.
- Colm McBriarty, Community Development Officer (Dementia), Age Scotland
- Alison Reeves, Deputy CEO and Manager (Scotland), Making Music
- Paul Forrest, Funding Officer, Awards for All – part of the National Lottery Community Fund
The session will be 90 minutes long and will include a presentation from each speaker followed by a question and answer session.
Please note: whilst this session will offer general tips on finding funding opportunities, it does not promise to find funding for your activity/group/organisation.
Who is this event for?
This event is for anyone who organises, leads or fundraises for singing activities that include people living with dementia and their carers. Your group might specifically support people affected by dementia, or it could be a community choir or singing group that welcomes and supports people living with dementia within your wider membership.
To take part, you must be a member of the Dementia Inclusive Singing Network. If you are not a member but would like to join the webinar, please sign up to our Network first – membership is free, and it only takes a couple of minutes to join! Please just click here.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can call Luminate on 0131 668 8066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.