Sign up to the Network
The Dementia Inclusive Singing Network is a nationwide network that aims to ensure that people living with dementia and their family and carers have the opportunity to sing in a choir or group in their local area. When we talk about choirs and singing groups being dementia inclusive, we mean groups whose activities are run in a way that makes them comfortable and enjoyable for people living with dementia. This includes groups specifically set up to support people living with dementia and their carers, as well as community choirs and singing groups who welcome people affected by dementia among their wider membership.
The network exists to support all kinds of groups to be inclusive of people living with dementia, including:
- Existing choirs, singing groups and their leaders – singing groups, community choirs, professional choirs and every kind in between
- Singing groups that are already dementia inclusive, or have members who are living with dementia
- Anyone who wants to set up a choir or singing group that is dementia inclusive
- Care homes and healthcare organisations that want to run singing activities
- Choir or singing group members who are living with dementia and their carers
- And everyone who loves to sing!
If you are interested in the work we do, then you can join our Network. The Network is free to join, and offers members a range of opportunities to develop skills and connect with others. We’ll also keep you up to date with latest relevant news and events across Scotland. Complete the form below to make sure you don’t miss an update from us!
The Dementia Inclusive Singing Network is a part of Luminate, Scotland’s creative ageing organisation. Luminate works to ensure all older people in Scotland can enjoy high quality arts and creative activities, whatever their background and circumstances and wherever they live.
Please complete the fields below to sign up to our Network. Within the form we also ask if you would like to join Luminate’s general mailing list, which we use to share news, stories and opportunities relating to creative activities for older people across Scotland. Your personal details will only be used by Luminate to contact you when we need to, and will not be published. If you do not have an email address and are unable to complete this online form, please contact us to register your interest.